“And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.” Deuteronomy 6:4-7
Dear families of Hope,
With the school year underway and fall activities in go mode, it’s critical we don’t forget the foundational things and miss prayer time and talk time with our kids.
I hope all parents take time to model prayer and pray with your children each day. One of the ways we do this in our family, is each morning, while in the car, we say a simple prayer, “Lord, thank you for today. Watch over these kids and keep them safe. Help them to learn and be good friends. Amen.”
Another great idea my wife came up with as our Kindergartner started school was to laminate a few family photos and place them in his school bag. Not only was it a way for our son to know who was picking him up, but every time he opened his school bag, he saw his family – one’s who love him dearly.
So, here are some upcoming things for families to participate in at Hope as it relates to building up, encouraging and growing our families in Christ:
- Kingdom Quest, WOW, PowerLife and Ignition: It’s not too late to sign-up your kids or for adults to volunteer.
- Kingdom Quest: Hope’s version of Sunday School for children age 3 – grade 5. Just a friendly reminder for those families already signed up, please be sure to take a look at the weekly take-home given to your child each weekend at KQ. It’s a great way to lead conversation, prayer and other activities as a family.Haven’t yet registered your child? You can do so here!
- WOW: A midweek, high energy evening for children grades 1-5 to come together and learn about God – kicks off Wednesday, Oct. 2. You can learn more or register your kids here!
- PowerLife: Hope’s ministry for grades 6-8 where students have the opportunity to confirm their faith at the end of their 8th grade year.
- Igntion: Hope’s high school ministry for grades 9-12.
- Mother/Son Tailgate Party: Saturday, Oct. 5, 10:00 am – noon. A brand new opportunity for moms and sons (age 3 – grade 6)! Join us for a day of tailgating with food, crafts, outdoor games, photo opportunities and more. You can register here, or purchase tickets at Café Hope.
- The Smart Step-Family: Tuesdays, Oct. 29 – Dec. 17. This 8-week study strives to help couples – whether dating, engaged, or married – who are blending a family together. Each session walks participants through discussion questions and practical advice to strengthen their home. Suggested reading, The Smart Stepfamily: Seven Steps to a Healthy Family can be purchased in Café Hope. Register here.
Let’s grow and build our children in the things of the Lord.